How Do You Get a White Card?
If you’re asking the question “How do you get a White Card?”, here’s the easiest way, outlined step by step below:
Your options are Face-to-face, classroom based training or online training.
Most people find online training to be the most convenient, cheapest and fastest solution, so we’ll guide you through how online training works:
Step 1 – Register and pay online.
Step 2 – Review the course online and complete the assessments – online and over the telephone.
Step 3 – Print your Statement of Attainment and Declaration Form.
Step 4 – Email, upload or post your documents and certified copy of ID to us.
Step 5 – Receive your White Card through Australia Post.
What You’ll Need:
- To complete the course, you’ll need a computer or tablet with internet access and sound.
- We also recommend an up-to-date browser.
- You’ll need a printer to print your results and declaration form.
If you want to begin work in the construction industry here’s how you can get your White Card in less than a week:
- Register – Register online and pay using our secure online merchant account by MasterCard or VISA. You will need to have access to a computer with internet access and sound to listen to the tutorials. An updated browser and printer are also required.
- Review the Course Material – The course is delivered entirely online, so you never need to leave your seat to complete the training. On average it takes 3-4 hours to complete however you can learn at your own pace. You can log off and on as many times as you want and the course will start where you left off the last time.
- Complete the Assessments – Complete the assessments online and a short verbal assessment with one of our assessors at our Brisbane offices during business hours. The online portion of the course can be completed anytime, 24/7.
- Submit your Documents – Once you’ve successfully completed the assessments, print your Statement of Attainment and Declaration Form. Complete all 3 Sections of the Declaration and send the forms together with a certified copy of your Identification Document to us through email, post or fax.
- Receive your White Card – We will process your White Card within a day or two. We will send your card to you via Australia Post, which usually takes 3-5 days. If you chose the Express Delivery option, it will take just 1 or 2 days. You can make this choice when you register. It costs an additional $15.
We have issued over 100,000 White Cards to construction workers in Australia and abroad, who chose the convenience of online training over traditional face-to-face courses.
The 3 main benefits of choosing online rather than face-to-face training are:
- Convenience: Online training can be completed anywhere, as long as you have access to a computer with access to the internet. Because online courses aren’t geographically bound, anyone can complete the course, no matter where you are in Australia or around the globe. It’s easier and quicker to complete the online course than attend face-to-face classes and sit for exams.
- Flexibility: Another major benefit is the 24/7 accessibility that the online course offers students. With in-person training, students are confined to a classroom and must adhere to a set timetable. The online course is perfectly suited to even the busiest lifestyle and can be completed whenever you choose, night or day.
- Affordability: Face-to-face training will require you to travel to the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) however, if you register for the online white card, you save money on travel expenses. The registration cost is also more affordable at $43.90 and you won’t incur additional expenses for lunch, study materials etc.
About The Course – (CPCCWHS1001) ‘Prepare to work safely in the construction industry’,
The course teaches construction workers how to stay safe on a high-risk work site and how to work in a way that does not present a risk to others.
As a leading RTO (Registered Training Organisation), we have issued over 100,000 White Cards to our satisfied clients throughout Australia and abroad.
The course covers the following the sections:
- Identifying workplace health and safety (WH&S) requirements;
- Construction hazards and controls and how to identify them;
- Workplace health and safety (WH&S) communications and reporting processes;
- Incident response plans
The Work, Health and Safety Act, 2011 allows for White Cards to be recognised in all states and territories, regardless of where in Australia it was issued.
Previously each state held its own safety induction card, red, blue and green however the White Card has replaced all of these and is accepted in all states including New South Wales.
Due to this national recognition, you can simply and quickly complete the White Card online, instead of through traditional face-to-face training in your state.
Now that the white card is nationally accredited, you can easily move from state to state. It’s also easier to engage in work across borders.
Get ready to work in the Construction Industry
Best Value Official “CPCCWHS1001: Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (White Card)” Course.
Valid in all states Priority Service Available Leading Australian RTO Access 24/7