How to Get a White Card
Here’s how to get a White Card, the simplest and quickest way, through online training.
Although there are 2 ways to get a White Card, through traditional face-to-face or online training, the latter has become the most popular option because it is more convenient and affordable.
For a White Card without the hassle of face-to-face training, you can simply register and complete the course online.
Here’s how it works:
- Register and Pay:
All you’ll require is a computer or tablet with sound, internet access and a printer. Complete your registration online and make payment using a MasterCard or VISA through our secure online merchant account.
- Watch and Listen to the Course Material:
The course is delivered entirely online, so you can complete it at your own pace, wherever you choose. It’s also accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you can fit the course in whenever you have spare time, without interfering with work or your daily routine.
- Do the Assessments:
The assessments are completed online, with a short verbal assessment conducted over the telephone. The online assessments are completed independently whenever you choose, but the verbal assessments can be completed during business hours by calling an assessor at our Brisbane call centre.
- Send us Your Forms:
Once you’ve completed the assessments successfully, you can then print your Statement of Attainment and send it, together with your completed Declaration Form to us. Also, include a certified copy of your ID.
- Get Your White Card in The Mail:
Wait for your nationally recognised White Card which will be sent to you in the mail. This normally takes only a few days and for those that choose the Express Delivery option, it takes just 1-2 days.
Here’s How to Get Started
Once you’ve decided to complete the online course, check that you have a computer (PC, laptop or tablet) with sound and internet access.
You will need basic computer skills as well as English language and literacy skills.
You should also have an up-to-date browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
You’ll need a printer to print a Statement of Attainment and Declaration Form.
Complete the registration online and pay using your credit or debit card. The starts from $38.50 and $12 for Priority Service.
After completing the course, print your forms and complete them fully before sending them to us with a certified copy of your ID. You can email, upload or post them.
We’ll process your documents and send your laminated White Card through Australia Post.
How Long Does It Take?
The registration is done within a matter of minutes and the course material can be reviewed at your own pace.
Many past students have completed the course in 5 hours in one sitting. You can choose to do the entire course all at once or broken up into smaller chunks over time, whenever you have spare time. Each time you sign in, the course will pick up from where you stopped the last time, so there is no repetition.
The assessments take less than an hour on average. The telephone-based assessment is usually completed in 5-10 minutes.
Once we’ve received your documents, they will be processed in a day or two and sent to you via Australia Post.
You should receive your Card in less than a week.
Get The Best Quality White Card online
- We’ve issued more than 100,000 White Cards issued nationwide to students that have completed the course (CPCCWHS1001) ‘Work safely in the construction industry’, online.
- You can be assured of the best quality course which is still affordable at $38.50
- The course is quick and easy. You can complete the course within a few hours if you choose to.
- As a highly regarded and reputable RTO (Registered Training Organisation) we offer you top quality, interactive online learning – watch, listen and read.
- Priority Service is available for those who need their White Card A.S.A.P. It costs $12 and will ensure you’ll get your card within a day or two of sending us your documentation.
- The course is easily accessible from anywhere you have access to a computer, with internet connection and a printer.
- You don’t need to stick to any timetable. The course can be completed all at once or broken up over time.
- The White Card you gain upon completion of the course is nationally accredited.
What You’ll Learn
To ensure people on a construction site work in a way that does not endanger themselves or others, general safety training is necessary. For this reason, the federal government mandated the ‘Work safely in the construction industry’ course. The White Card is proof of having completed the course.
The aim of the course is to prepare trainees for work on a construction site, considered one of the highest risk work environments in Australia.
The course is divided into these 4 sections:
- Workplace health and safety (WH&S) requirements under the law.
- How to identify construction hazards and the best methods to control these hazards.
- How to identify WH&S communications and reporting processes.
- Learning how to report an incident.
Some of the topics covered by the course include:
- Safe work method statements
- Site safety plans
- Risk management plans
- Material safety data sheets
- Emergency response procedures such as evacuation and first aid
- Fire causes and controls
- How to report hazards
- The legal obligations of employers, contractors and others
- Duty of care
- How to record workplace injuries and any near miss incidents
Get ready to work in the Construction Industry
Best Value Official “CPCCWHS1001: Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (White Card)” Course.
Valid in all states Priority Service Available Leading Australian RTO Access 24/7