If you’re managing a business or a work site, you probably already know you have a responsibility to create and maintain a safe working environment for your team.
Protecting the health and safety of employees is important not only for obvious duty of care reasons but it will also ensure employees are happy, motivated and productive.
Here are 5 things that site managers must keep in mind,
- Know what your role is in providing a safe work environment and system of work.
- Develop and implement a health and safety plan
- Examine the workplace regularly and adjust plan accordingly
- Ensure employees have been properly trained in workplace safety – in construction this begins with the White Card course.
- Investigate past accidents, near-misses and health issues.
- Facilitate the rehabilitation of workers.
For more information on how to put this management safety plan into action, visit http://www.businesscomputingworld.co.uk/guidelines-for-organising-a-safe-working-environment/
Please share this post on social media with the icons below or to the left.